Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Happy Inauguration Day!


Today is a day that I can proudly call myself an American and I am overcome with emotion right now. I will remember this day forever, I had to work all day today but as soon as I got home I watched President Obama take his Oath of Office and become this nation's 44th President. I'm glad I was sitting at home alone watching this with Oscar because only he was sitting there looking at me wondering why I was crying. Then I was watching the Neighborhood Ball and Beyonce sang "At Last" while The President and First Lady dance and I started getting teary-eyed again! I have so much hope and belief that change will come and I want everyone to hope and believe with me...because the time is here and now!

1 comment:

chels said...

you're not alone, i cried too! i was at work and it was playing in the waiting room. the first time they called him "president obama". oh man, the tears!