Saturday, October 4, 2008

update...

Sorry it has been so long since I updated this thing! So much has happened in the last few weeks! Where to start...so after I got home from Texas I found out I got the job and was going into Assistant Branch Manager Training. We kept waiting and waiting to find out if Kyle made SWAT and sure enough he found out last week that he made it into SWAT school. Now he just has to get through 8 straight days of training and then the first year (which I hear is really hard) and then he is good to go! So I'm starting my new position on Monday and Kyle goes to school this week. Its a very big week for the two of us! Sorry if we are anti-social for a week or so! Now you know why!

On a different note...I know that everyone has their own opinions and I love talking with people and their different beliefs. It is always interesting to get someone else's point of view. I usually just argue with Kyle because our political views are very opposite. However I have learned in the last few weeks I can either just not talk about politics with him or I can try and stay calm and talk with him about our different views and realize that sometimes we agree on things. I'm not going to lie, when it comes to this Presidential Election we haven't really agreed on much but I respect him for his point of view and we have both learned a lot about our candidates. I wish that more people would understand that this election is important on so many levels and that deciding who they are going to vote for based on what they hear on the news or read in some email they were sent is infuriating to me. Take the time to research online and read a few books about each candidate. You might actually learn something that will surprise you. I know that I have learned so much in the last few months and am comfortable with my political views. They are personal and differ from person to person and I can't stand when a person lets one issue be the deciding factor. There is always a bigger picture.

That was a good little rant huh? I'm just going to be done now!

2 comments:

The Fiores said...

Yay for job promotions! How exciting that you get to start the exact same week! I agree with the politial rant lol, what makes me so mad is when someone argues an issue, and its a direct TV quote from someone like Bill O'Reilly or Glenn Beck. I just wish people would educate themselves and not just repeat what they are hearing, then if we still disagree fine, at least you looked at the facts and made an informed choice. Ok there is my very own mini rant :)

T and T said...

Hey there, wow it is crazy to hear from you! Yes I am living in Oregon with my most amazing boyfriend Terran, he is seriously the sweetest guy Kristin! You would really like him! I am stoaked to see you and Kyle are really getting married, congrats that's awesome. Who is Kyle going SWAT for? Well I am coming to AZ this wednesday and I would love to see you!!! Talk to you soon Kristin, and really fab to hear from you!!!!